GDPR Policy – May 2018
Chemfreight DGT Ltd is a training and consultancy Company. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and take security of client data very seriously. This policy document explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use client data, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
Security policy and responsibilities in the company
We have appointed Mark Hunt as our Data controller. In his absence Jean Corcoran is the Company course Manager responsible for any data control issues. If you have any questions regarding your data, please contact us at Chemfreight DGT Ltd, Unit 1 Cormorant Drive, Picow Farm Road, Runcorn Cheshire WA7 4UD. Telephone 01928 580505, or email email@example.com.
How we collect your information
- Over the Phone
- Via email enquiries
- Via Candidate Registration Forms
- We retain client contact details in our Accounts system
- We have a variety of databases used for mailings which are acquired from courses we have supplied
- We have a contact management system that retains contact details.
- Any personal data processed by Chemfreight DGT Ltd is incidental to the services we provide.
- Where we operate ecommerce sites client data is stored by our payment processors who are PCI DSS compliant. We do not collect or store this data.
What information we collect
- Generally, we retain contact name, company name, address, telephone and email address.
We may also require candidate photographic image, Driving licence or Passport number and Date of Birth. These are only required by the applicable examining body for vocational and periodic qualifications.
How do we use this information?
- Upload completed periodic training hours on the Government’s Recording and Evidencing (R&E) database; you can find out more about how your data is used on that database at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/driving-standards-agency-privacy-policy/dsa-privacy-policy
- Complete an attendance certificate;
- We might provide you with other goods or services or seek your views or comments on the services we provide, if you agree;
- Notify you of changes to our services;
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you;
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information, for example data about your periodic or vocational training, to fulfil our statutory obligations for up to six years. After this period, all data is securely destroyed.
How is your information kept secure?
- All information that is gathered is used or archived is kept secure with a view to preventing any unauthorised access to your data. Chemfreight DGT Ltd ensures that it has in place appropriate technical and organisational measures, to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss, destruction or damage of data. We do not supply our data to any other companies without your specific consent.
- We have non disclosure agreements in place in all our employee contracts, and all employees are obliged to maintain client confidentiality.
Who has access to your information?
Your information will be shared with JAUPT for them to monitor and manage approved centres and the training uploaded to the DVSA system, and where necessary shared with member state authorities to confirm Driver CPC entitlement abroad.
JAUPT 9 Warren Yard, Warren Park, Stratford Road, Milton Keynes, MK12 5NW 0844 800 4184 firstname.lastname@example.org
How you can access and update your information?
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you would like to access the data we hold on you please contact: email@example.com alternatively, you can telephone 01928 580505
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Chemfreight DGT Ltd hold about you
You have the right to request that the data we hold on you is erased or rectified. For example, if you don’t want us to use your information for views and comments on the services we provide, you can ask to have your contact details removed.
- Chemfreight DGT Ltd and its employees will never pass your information to a third party without your consent.
- By providing us with your information you have consented for us to use it for the purposes above.
- If you wish to withdraw consent to Chemfreight DGT Ltd using your data for business purposes please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- First ADR driver training provider in UK to be approved by the
Department for Transport
- Dangerous goods training and consultancy for over 37 years
- Mobile National & International training specialist
- Bespoke training courses available upon request
- Explosive & Radioactive training provider
- Manegement/Operator CPC training & examination centre
01928 580 505
Please fill in the details and we'll get back to you